Sunday, April 22, 2007

Query: letter writing assistance

A reader asks:

Could you help me write a letter. I'm lost for words when it comes to letter writing. (Ironically, my friends say I talk too much.) Anyway, back to the letter, I want to tell my boss what I think of him before I leave next Friday. The truth is, he knows nothing about his job, he's unfair, and thinks the company can't run without him. I know differently.....well most of the staff know diferently. So could you help me word it correctly?

Ah, yes. The useless, good-for-nothing boss. Doubtless a fine example of the Peter Principle.

Unfortunately for you, you are corresponding with someone who once queried their boss, "Who died and made you dictator?" Aloud. For real. Any wonder I am now self-employed? Employee/employer relations are not my strong suit. (Do not ask my contractor on the subcontinent about this. Do not even mention this subject came up.)

If you have a memoir to be written and are having trouble with your ghostwriter, send them to me. If you have an encroaching deadline for a documentation project, stop by for a visit. If the proposal for your next non-fiction tome is giving you fits, I'm here for you, my dear. But begone with your business letters. They don't pay enough and I have more important projects to work on.

No comments: